Saturday, November 5, 2011

End of October begin Nov. update


There is a corgi project at the bottom, I promise.

Guess what is back?  (Well, aside from me.  I need to update more often.)

Thant's right, cake decorating!
  We started level 3 cake decorating this past Thursday, so I get to work with fondant/gumpaste.  Is it sad that I want to sculpt something and bring it to next class?  Also, before class even started up again, I baked a cake for my mother. (Tripple chunk chocolate with bananas and raspberries.)



The color is not so grey.  It's closer to the 1st image that kinda looks wet.

     All last  month I had busy with the Halloween party committee up at the Moose Lodge.  I did celophane casts of my mother, hubby, and I for ghosts, a large wall mural on cloth, and two door size zombie paintings.
My Cast

Hubby's Cast

My mother's cast is coming out of the speaker in this shot.  This shot is also useful for showing just how big the mural is.  Yay sheets.



Click to enlarge for a better view.

This door zombie is based on my father.

This one is based on me.  I tried to make them zombies, but without being extremely gruesome because small children do frequent the lodge.

This year I went as a gothic fairy.


The greatest part was that my wings fluttered while I walked.  There were supposed to be black lights so I also put on reactive makeup that glowed in the dark and reacted to black lights.  Sadly no one really got to see the extra detail work.  The fun part was when I went to sleep that night, my glowing nose kept me up for a while.

My father went as Robin Hood and my mother went as a really cool pirate.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures of it.

I set up an artist booth where if I sold 20 commissions I would donate 20% of all profits to Moose Charities. Sadly, I only got 2.


These two are images before I photo edited them.







I also have other commissions (busy busy busy) and an interview for some seasonal help.  Here's hoping!

There's more than this, but this is all I have photos of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment